IB MYP Online Tuition Classes
What is the MYP?
The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program is a holistic, concept-driven, middle-school curriculum that develops students academic and personal skills and prepares them for success later in life. In addition to subject knowledge, the MYP also helps students develop personal identity, intercultural awareness, and communication skills. The MYP provides a strong foundation for students planning to do the IBDP.
The MYP curriculum is designed to be flexible so that it can be used by schools globally. The standard MYP is a five-year program that students generally complete from ages 11-16. Some schools offer a shorter version of the MYP that lasts from two to four years.
The MYP uses internal assessments, community projects and personal projects, and an eAssessment at the end of the fifth year in order to assess and recognize students’ learning.
Why choose online tuitions for IBMYP?
Online tuitions aren’t just an alternative to normal tuitions—in many ways, they are superior to face-to-face classes. Here are some reasons why you should consider online MYP tuitions for your child:
- Personalization: online tuitions allows for small groups, which means that your child will get the personal attention that they need to succeed in MYP.
- Flexibility: online tuitions in MYP offers much greater flexibility with when you have your classes. Most tutors are happy to schedule classes at a time that best works for your child, and can also be available on short-notice if required.
- No commute: why should you waste time driving your child through traffic to get to classes on time? Both you and your child have busy lives—with online tuitions, it takes seconds to log-in to MYP classes from the comfort of your home.
- Always available: a lot of things can derail face-to-face MYP tuitions: bad weather, problems commuting, a pandemic… Online tuitions, however, are much more reliable.
- Learn from the best: with face-to-face MYP tuitions, you need to find a tutor geographically close to you. There is no such limitation for online tuitions—your tutor could be on the other side of the world! This means that you get to choose from many more tutors and organizations. You can compare and choose the best, and switch easily if you need to. Especially if you are in an area where there are few in-person tuitions options for MYP, this means that you now get to pick from the best of the best.
Why choose Tychr IBMYP Coaching?
Out of all the online tuition options, what makes Tychr the best for MYP? These are some reasons:
- We have over 9 years and 10,000 hours of teaching experience. Tychr has been doing online tuitions before they were cool, and we know exactly how to use technology to best help your child succeed at MYP.
- Small study groups mean that your child can go at their own pace and get individual attention to their strengths and weaknesses, while also enjoying the benefits of group learning.
- T.E.S.T.: our unique teaching style uses a proven strategy of Theoretical framework, Explanatory videos, Strengthening concepts and Time-bound tests to help your child excel at MYP.
- Tychr is also live and interactive. Relying solely on recorded videos can become monotonous and impersonal. Therefore, Tychr uses real-time monitoring, assessment, and feedback to keep our young learners engaged and active.
- Most importantly, at Tychr, students learn in an environment of support and success. We help your child set realistic targets and achieve them. We build your child’s confidence and self-esteem through positive relationships with teachers and peers.
MYP at Tychr
Like all our online tuitions, our MYP course follows our proven T.E.S.T. Methodology. For the MYP, this means:
The student participates in lessons from professional MYP tutors in small batches of 5 students or fewer. They also get access to comprehensive, high-quality study material.
After the student is comfortable with the basics, they begin to watch more explanatory videos to supplement their knowledge.
The student then begins practicing with modular assignments to reinforce their skills. One-to-one mentoring sessions help iron out any misconceptions. Tychr also holds brainstorming sessions with faculty and students from different countries to help students plan their Personal Projects and external assessment Portfolios.
Time Bound Tests
Finally, the student moves on to solving question papers in exam-style conditions. They receive checked answer sheets and a comprehensive answer key to each.
The IB MYP is very different from other middle-school curricula. It is entirely revolutionary for many reasons, including the interdisciplinary eAssessments, personal portfolios, and subject flexibility given to the school. This means there are very few tutoring options that are tailor-made for the MYP and actually understand its philosophy. At Tychr, we provide a proven online tuition option that will help your child get the most out of the MYP and prepare themselves for high school and beyond.